it’s been a while. okay, more than a while. between a wedding, a funeral and 4 business trips, i’ve been busy. but the busy times are the most important times to make sure that eating right and exercising stays on track. i let myself indulge during these life events, but never to the point of no return.
in times like these, i like to make sure i have a “go-to” – something satisfying, easy and of course, delicious! this lemon avocado quinoa super salad is AHHH-MAZING! refreshing, filling and delicious in one dish. best of all it’s easy to pack in a Tupperware!
i hope you enjoy this recipe (adapted from the diva dish).
what you need:
1 cup dry quinoa
1/2 cup water
1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
1 c. cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
2 avocados diced
1 bunch of cilantro
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup red onion
2 small garlic cloves
For the dressing:
juice of 2 fresh lemons
2 tsp. ground mustard
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/2 tsp cumin
dash of salt and pepper
what to do:
1, make the quinoa first according to the directions on the packet
2. in a food processor, add washed spinach and cilantro, process the greens until they are finely diced. add the greens to a bowl, and set aside.
3. finely dice garlic cloves and onion and add to greens mixture
4. add chickpeas and stir until all is combined and coated.
5. add the chickpea mixture to the cooled quinoa.
6. make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together. pour over salad, and mix until combined.
7. add tomatoes and avocado. mix. set in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before serving.